Saturday, January 22, 2011

January Update

It’s been awhile since I posted anything on my blog, it’s about time for an update and how I have been doing so far in 2011. First of all I like to list my goals for 2011. As stated previously, I want to set healthy goals, so here are my goals of 2011.


1) Make Super Nova – I am not setting a time table for this I just need to make Super Nova before the end of the year.

2) Find a coach – I am working on this goal right now and have reached out to a few quality coaches and coaching sites, so hope to have this taken care of soon.

3) Play a WSOP event –I have gone to Vegas the last two years during the WSOP and have not played an event. I generally grind the smaller games being held during that time.

4) Increase my volume online – this kind of go along with the Super Nova goal, but I want to increase my hourly rate.

5) Study at least 3 hours a week – this is a goal that I know needs improving on.


I am not setting any profit goals since it’s hard to hit these goals ( I said hard not impossible) but there are too many factors that happen that effect your profit that is out of your control. I believe by achieving these goals set above, being profitable will take care of itself


As far as how January goes it’s been an up and down month. I started off with $1200 downswing playing $12 45man and $6.50, 45man turbo’s. I decided I need to be coached in order to improve my edge in these games. So I twitched back to MTTs and regular sngs and was able to erase my down swing and I’m doing pretty well. I been getting deep in MTTs and if not for being on the bad end of a flip in which I was ahead, I would of made some very decent scores (this is why I have not set a profit goal). I hope to find where I will be receiving my coaching from and hope to start a coaching session in the beginning of February.

My wife posted this Video on Facebook and it gets me hype eveytime I watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment