Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 1

So I been reading some of these guys post on 2+2 about their pursuit of super nova elite and there first day total for VPP’s are about as much as I have been getting in a month lol. I spent the day studying on SNG Wizard and Nash trying to tighten up my SNG game. Of course I took breaks to watch a few bowl games and a movie with the wife. I wanted to relax while everybody hit the year hot and heavy trying to reach their 2011 goals. I figure most will get burned out in a few months and I remember looking in at the tournament lobbies and cash tables and seeing all the REGs grinding there little harts out. I mean all the players in the top 25 on shark scope were all grinding today. I figure I take this first day of the year off, I have a feeling this is going to be a marathon and not a race for me. Plus I wanted to take the extra time to get my head right and focused.


I had a conversation with my boy who is also looking to make Super Nova this year in an effort to increase his volume; we talked about our goals and game selection. He is grinding the $12 180’s and $6.50 45 mans on stars. He said he is going to stay away from the $12 45 mans because they are so Reg infested and the payout does not warrant the effort to put in a decent grind in them. My first thought was you play $12 180’s you can’t really get more REG infested then those and you also grind the $6.50 man, so why would the payout structure bother you? I assume he is think along the lines that why pay $12 to play a 45 man SNG, when you can play in a $12 180 for the same price and make more money. I was thinking along the lines that the 180’s had a higher variance do to the structure and number of players and REGs.

He is going to be my wing man on this journey, he has the drive and the work ethic to study the game and put the time in to reach his goals. I need people like him in this aspect of my life, to help push me and bounce ideas off of. The Forums will also give me access to player trying to reach this goal and reading the post of player who have already reach this goal and of player like me trying to go for it for the first time will really improve my chances of doing so. Well the grind begins tomorrow for me I hope to reach these volume goals and to be profitable doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment