Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March Update

Time for an update, so far this month I have done pretty good. I am up after 1765 games, and feel I am improving in my over all game. Some changes in my wife work schedule are forcing me to build my own poker office. She works from home, and up to about three weeks ago worked overnight. Now she has a new position and is transitioning to days shift. I also work from home and during the time she was sleep, I did my work and grinded away during the day.


We were sharing the one desk in the house, but of course now that won’t work since I refuse to start working at night. I tried it a few days and had so-so results. I feel grinding in the morning works best for me. So I had to buy my own desk. I am cool with that set my out of pocket expenses at $600, and decided to upgrade my desktop while I was at it. I got a new chair for $234 and a new Desk for $135, nothing fancy just wanted them both to be comfortable. I installed some more RAM and upgraded the graphics cards. I upgraded the graphics card because I want dual monitor set up. I had been using an adapter to support a dual monitor set up, which allowed me to hook an extra monitor up using a USB port. Also wanted to buy a new mouse, saw one for about $100 a little pricey, but it fit like a glove. I need to buy a new monitor since the second monitor I was using belongs to my wife computer she uses for work.

I almost got everything set up just need to get a new monitor and the mouse. I had enough to get started grinding again and fired up a session. Once I got to 22 games my computer started to freeze, I did not know what was wrong, but I started to time out in every game because it was lagging and freezing so bad. Now I always had a little lag when I had more then 20+ games in a session but nothing like this. I decided to end the session and figure out what was wrong. After doing some searching in my computer making sure all the settings were correct, I fired up another session. My computer stilled started to lag and freeze after about 16+ games and I started to get these weird distortions on my tables.





Now I am pretty tilted and ended the session again. I started a thread on asking what was wrong with the software, I was using. To make a long story short it turns out the graphic card I installed was using too much power starving my CPU and causing my CPU usage to max out. So I have to buy and install a new power supply unit. If I would have read the system requirements when I bought the card it said I need a 300w or more PSU and I only have a 250w PSU. Oh well it will take a few days for it to get here, so I will just have to play 8 tables or take a break until it does…..Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment